Salt Grill & Sky bar, created by celebrity chef-restaurateur Luke Mangan, has won praise for its food, service and ambience since opening in October 2010. The restaurant, perched on one of the highest points of Orchard Road, offers a panoramic skyline of the cityscape. Salt Grill & Sky bar is currently under the Unlisted Collection Group with chef Jake Kowalewski at the helm and a menu featuring contemporary Australian cuisine and house signatures.
Salt Grill & Sky bar is currently under the Unlisted Collection Group with chef Jake Kowalewski at the helm and a menu featuring contemporary Australian cuisine and house signatures. The restaurant’s recent addition of an exclusive private dining area and new bar on its mezzanine floor, has added to its contemporary feel.
- 7 x Vintec 120 Bottle Single Wine Cabinets (V160SGE)
- Specially designed wooden shelves for laying bottles with labels facing and parallel to a glass door
This choice was based on the following points:
- Can be set at a constant temperature of 12°-14°;
- LED lighting that does not generate any damaging UV light and treated glass doors that limit outside light from reaching the bottles;
- Have an anti-vibration system (wooden shelves reduce movement and a slow-cycling compressor is housed outside the unit on rubber shock-pads);
- Maintain humidity levels, keeping the corks moist so as not to dry out;
- All cabinets are equipped with a lock.
The decision to opt for independent climate-controlled cellars rather than a centralised refrigeration system was based on flexibility to be able to move the wine cellars easily in case of a new layout due to renovation.